Last updated: September 10, 2015.
What Personal Information About Customers Does the Website Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at the Website. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many other websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the Website or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of the Website on other websites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from the Website if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your user settings.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as personalized information and advertisements on other websites.
Does the Website Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses operate stores at the Website or sell offerings to you at the Website. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of the Website customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your user settings.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
The Website also displays personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on the Website or use of payment services. Although the Website does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad. If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your user settings.
What Information Can I Access?
The Website gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with the Website for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Are Minors Allowed to Use the Website?
The Website does not sell products for purchase by minors. We sell minors’ products for purchase by adults. If you are under the age of majority in the jurisdiction that you ordinarily reside in, you may use the Website only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian.